Talley and Lil enjoyed Gina’s Vanilla Butter Sweet Bread. I hope you do too. There’s one small caveat: you have to perform the baking—but it’s easy. Promise.
I love sweet breads. Not the English type. Yukky! Organ foods do not pass these lips. I’m talking about a dense sweet cake. Below is a list of the ingredients you’ll need to create this tasty treat:
- All Purpose Flour – fills out the bread.
- Baking powder – a chemical leavener that causes the sweet bread to rise.
- Canola Oil – creates a moist, soft, sweet bread.
- Eggs – for structure.
- Flavoring – Almond, butter, lemon, and vanilla extracts create the secret sauce for this recipe. Buy an upscale vanilla extract. You’ll be glad you invested in it.
- Granulated sugar – to create a sweet and tender cake.
- Milk – for moisture and to thin the batter.
- Salt: to balance and enhance the flavors.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2¼ c sugar
- 1 c oil
- 1½ c milk
- 3 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1½ t baking powder
- 1½ t almond extract
- 1½ t butter extract
- 1½ lemon extract
- 1½ vanilla extract
- Combine sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in beaten eggs, and milk.
- Add flavors and combine.
- Stir salt and baking powder into flour, and then add to wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into two greased bread pans. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until an inserted knife returns clean.
- Cool and enjoy.