If the Home to Stay dessert scene stimulated your mouth to water for s’mores, I’ve provided the Robey recipe. If the scene stimulated your mouth to water for other reasons, you’re on your own.
Here’s everything you’ll need to create this tasty and inexpensive treat—without the worry of a fireplace or fire pit.
Graham Crackers – S’mores are messy, but breaking the crackers into squares makes the dessert easier to manage.
Chocolate – My family likes the dark chocolate. We buy the regular size chocolate bars stocked in the impulse aisle of the grocery store because the candy is already scored to break into small rectangles perfect for s’more creation.
Peanut Butter – The Robey secret sauce. What’s not to like about chocolate and peanut butter? Spread the peanut butter as desired but be careful. The fat in the spread gets mouth-scalding hot. Allow your treat to cool after removing from the broiler.
Marshmallows – I use the large marshmallows and cut them into 2 coin-sized circles, perfect to cover the square without overpowering the other ingredients.
Sliced Almonds – The almonds add the extra pizzazz for this treat. However, crunchy peanut butter would also work.
Instructions for single serving:
- Break cracker into two to create 2 sides of cracker sandwich.
- Spread 2 sides with peanut butter.
- Place two chocolate rectangles on one side.
- Place half of one marshmallow on opposite side.
- Sprinkle with almond slices over chocolate.
- Place under broiler just long enough to brown marshmallow.
- Remove from broiler.
- Press sides together to create sandwich.