In Murphy’s Choice, Chaz remembered sitting at the counter and eating plain cookies. My dad would buy plain butter cookies for me during his Saturday errands. However, you can add a well and fill with jam, ice, or roll in nuts or sugar. They’ll still be yummy.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two lightly colored baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, vanilla, and flour.
- Mix slowly until a crumbly dough forms. (Dough will be crumbly but will hold its shape when squeezed together in your hands.)
- Form dough into a ball and roll in between parchment paper to ⅓ – ⅟2-inch thick.
- Cut into small 3-inch circles or preferred shape and place onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are barely golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on hot baking trays before transferring to cooling racks
***You can also use a scoop and roll dough into balls and then smash with glass.